Cube steak is a favorite cut of beef!
See 10 delicious and easy to prepare cube steak recipes for grilling, slow cooking in the Crockpot, broiling or cooking in the pan. Cube steak is also known as minute steak because it can be fried quickly in the pan. Enjoy lean, inexpensive and healthy cube steak as the main ingredient in meals any season of the year.
Cube steak is a classic cut of beef and a favorite for grilling. Since it is a very lean cut of beef, make sure you don't over cook it.
- 4 beef cube steaks
- 2 Tbs sun dried tomatoes finely minced
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. parsley chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Fire up the grill
- Combine sun dried tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce and parsley in bowl. With a knife, cut crisscrossing diagonal lines into 1 side of each cube steak.
- Toss steaks on the grill with the cuts side down and cook about 5 minutes. Flip the cube steaks and brush tomato mixture on cut side of steaks.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill another 5 minutes for medium meat, less time for medium rare.
You can substitute parsley with Rosemary to add a totally different taste to this cube steak recipe. Grilled cube steak pairs well with a bold full bodied red wine.
What is Cube Steak
The Cube Steak is one of the the most popular cuts of beef in the United States of America! This classic cut of beef has been around for generations and fed millions of families at the dinner table. Cube steak is a cut of beef, usually round or top sirloin, and heavily tenderized by pounding it with a meat tenderizer. The name Cube Steak refers to the shape of the indentations left by that process of pounded, also referred to as cubing. Cube steak is lean and high in protein, so enjoy your favorite cube steak recipe for dinner tonight.